Only 5 pages indexed
« on: July 23, 2009, 05:07:10 PM »
Hello,
I am trying to generate a sitemap using the free sitemap generator for the site [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ].  However, when I put in that URL, only 5 pages are returned.  The main content for each page displays through an iframe and I am not sure whether this is causing the issue.  There is a robots.txt file on the server but it is not preventing any access.  Also, I have the robots meta tag set to "all" or "index,follow".
I have tried running the generator tool on different pages of the site as well, but each time, only a few pages are indexed.
Can anyone help me figure out the problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Re: Only 5 pages indexed
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 12:54:21 AM »
Hello,

looks like all links in your navigation menu are created with javascript and are not visible to crawlers as a result. You should duplicate those links with html tags <a href=""> to get them indexed.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 12:27:43 AM »
hey i have the same problem as well, may u please tell me exactly what to do.  this is the url

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 01:32:45 PM »
Hello,

your navigation links are created with javascript, that's why they are not visible to search engines and sitemap crawler, you include those links with <a href=""> html tag.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 05:12:20 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for your response.  If I included all the "a href" links as hidden links, would they still be visible to crawlers?
Thanks.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 08:42:36 PM »
Yes, they will be still found (unless you include them in html comment).
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 07:36:09 PM »
I am trying to use the following link as my starting URL:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

This page contains all the links that should be included in the index.  (If I "view source," they all display as hrefs.)  However, it truncates the end of the URL (everything after the ampersand) and only 4 pages get indexed.

Why is it getting truncated?

Thanks.