error 1549
« on: September 15, 2009, 07:09:53 PM »
I had XML sitemap installed for the last 8 months and it worked in manual mode- my host doesn't support CRON jobs.  We've been doing a lot of changes recently to our web site and wanted to update the sitemap. However, before I did I downloaded and installed version 3.0.  I used my FTP program to delete the existing files and and directories under /generator.  I then FTP up all the new folders with files from version 3.0.  Now when I try and do a manual Run to start a new crawl I get an error that is extremely brief. I can only get part of it on a screen capture and it says that
"An error occurred: There was an error retrieving the URL specified: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
HTTP headers follow:
text/html
Microsoft-IIS/6.0
5.0_Pub
ASP.NET
Tue, 15 Sep 2009
close
HTTP output:

You are not authorized to view this page."

I presumed that permissions were not set and attempted via FTP. Got same error. I then contacted my host and told them:
"There are two files in the root directory: sitemap.xml and ror.xml. These two need read and write permissions with a numeric value of 666. Also, the folder /generator/data needs to have read and write permissions with numeric value 777."

They responded with "The permission numbers provided e.g. 666, 777 are for a Linux-based platform, and your account is Windows-based, so the numbers do not mean anything there. As of now, there are read, write and execute permissions to sitemap.xml, ror.xml and the folder /generator/data, which appears to be the closest we can set in a Windows environment to your request. Please let us know if we can help you in any other way."

I still get the same error.

Any suggestions?  Thanks for your help.

Rex
Re: error 1549
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 04:34:34 PM »
Ok, my bad.  I forgot to add the login and password to my site under configuration. Once I did this it started crawling once again.  It now works - but still stops about every other minute and I have to manually rerun it.

Rex