Help With Sitemap Errors
« on: August 07, 2009, 11:17:17 PM »
Hello,

I have been using the Unlimited Sitemap Generator without any problems for several months. I just recently performed a site re-design and now I keep getting sitemap errors in my Google Webmaster Account. When I run the sitemap validator on this website, it also shows errors, but I don't understand where the problem is.

Here is my sitemap URL: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Robert 
Re: Help With Sitemap Errors
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 09:16:23 PM »
Hello Robert,

what exactly are the errors you get in webmaster account?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 12:48:07 PM »
I have been trying to figure out what the heck is happening. Unfortunately, my Google account does not indicate a specific error. It just states:

"We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit."

Google again accessed my site map yesterday and the error still exists. When I look at the site map it all appears to be OK, but.....

Also, Can you tell me why my sitemap wont validate using the sitemap validation tool on this website??

Thank you,
Robert
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 02:36:59 AM »
Please try to upload attached sitemap_xml_tpl.xml file in generator/pages/mods/ folder (overwrite existing file) and recreate sitemap.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 11:29:55 AM »
I downloaded & replaced the file you indicated. After generating a new sitemap, it appears that it does VALIDATE using the validator on this website (however the response is a little unclear - I think it validated OK). I will await to see if Google finds any errors the next time they download the sitemap (which should be in a day or two at the most).

Thank you,
Robert
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 12:01:09 PM »
Oleg,

It appears as though the file you supplied corrected my errors with Google. They have downloaded the sitemap.xml each of the past 2 days withhout error. However, Today I found that they indicate an error with my mobilesitemap.xml (Google does NOT indicate what the error is). Also, when I try to validate my mobilesitemap..xml, I get the following response:

Schema validating with XSV 3.1-1 of 2007/12/11 16:20:05
Target: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
   (Real name: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
    Length: 22739 bytes
    Last Modified: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 06:02:38 GMT
    Server: Apache/2.2)
docElt: {http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9}urlset
No declaration for document root found, validation was lax
The schema(s) used for schema-validation had no errors
No schema-validity problems were found in the target

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Low-level XML well-formedness and/or validity processing output

Error: Expected whitespace after public id
 in unnamed entity at line 1 char 55 of [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] has no elements???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schema resources involved
Attempt to load a schema document from [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] (source: docElt) for [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], failed:

Attempt to load a schema document from [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] (source: new namespace) for [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], failed:

couldn't open

Attempt to load a schema document from [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] (source: new namespace) for [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], failed:

******* MULTIPLE ENTRIES JUST LIKE ABOVE REMOVED TO MINIMIZE POST SIZE *******
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 02:56:57 PM »
Hello,

mobile sitemap is only required if you have a special version of the site for mobile devices.