Duplicate pages and "/./" directories?
« on: July 31, 2009, 08:16:12 PM »
Recently the XML-Sitemaps generator has been generating duplicate urls and urls with a /./ prefix.

The free xml-sitemap has been working great until recently, and now Google won't let me submit the sitemaps because of the errors. Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Here are some examples of each problem.

a few duplicate URLs:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

strange /./ problem that only recently started appearing:

If you need any more info, please let me know.

Re: Duplicate pages and "/./" directories?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 07:36:41 PM »
I'm having the very same issue. During sitemap generation the generator goes into links depth 5 and more (although my site doesn't have that deep structure) and is generating lots of url with ./././ (and so on) prefix.

All worked fine until last week.

>snippet:
Links depth: 4
Current page: ././././video/kajak.avi
Pages scanned: 480 (1,982.2 KB)

URL is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 03:49:24 PM »
Thank you for reporting, the issue has been corrected.

I was having the same issue at the same time two posters reported the duplicate pages issue so I did not post. When admin posted that a fix had been made I ran a new crawl and uploaded the newly generated files to the server. Afer reading the new files Google reports that the xml file still contains duplicates and has again flagged the site as having duplicate URL's.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 10:22:35 PM »
I don't know if this is the same problem, but I just tried to get the sitemap for my site and I had a whole load of recurring pages e.g. [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
etc.
I have no idea where this could be coming from because there's nowhere on the site that does this or even calls tags recurring once - all my links are absolute.