legacyoflifedvd

Broken Link...don't understand
« on: August 17, 2009, 04:08:11 PM »
In July when I created a sitemap to submit to google, xml-sitemaps.com reported broken link. I changed word documents to pdf and generated a new sitemap and still receive:
Broken Links (1 pages)
While creating your sitemap, we've found 1 broken links at your site. Please read our article that explains the broken links problem in details (which I did and paid the $5).
Referred FROM [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Broken link points to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Yet on my site, all the links work perfectly. I don't understand where the 'about:blank' comes from. I don't see that in legacyoflifedvd.com/sitemap.xml

Please help me...thank you for your response...Roxann
Re: Broken Link...don't understand
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 10:36:29 PM »
On your homepage you have the following:
Code: [Select]
<frame name="LfFrm" src="about:blank">
instead of using this, you should create empty file named "blank.html" in domain root and change frame code to:
Code: [Select]
<frame name="LfFrm" src="blank.html">

legacyoflifedvd

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 03:22:56 PM »
On your homepage you have the following:
Code:
<frame name="LfFrm" src="about:blank">
instead of using this, you should create empty file named "blank.html" in domain root and change frame code to:
Code:
<frame name="LfFrm" src="blank.html">

Thank you for your response, but since I'm a newbie, I have no idea how to create empty file named 'blank.html'. Looking at my homepage source, I see what you are talking about at the bottome of the page, but have no idea how to change it. Also, I see several 'about:blank', so I change them all to 'blank.html', once you tell me how?

I use WebEasy7 software and so, I have no idea why the 'about:blank' was entered into my homepage. I'm sorry that I'm a step by step gal, but please help me.

Regards....Roxann

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 11:06:23 PM »
Hello,

I think you can just enter "blank.html" as src, without creating the file.