pages collected are including php sessions
« on: July 08, 2006, 08:52:27 PM »
I have encountered a problem when using the unlimited sitemap generator.

After numerous alterations, I got the sitemap generator to create my sitemaps ok in my first website.

However, when I have then tried to create a sitemap for one of my other websites, the sitemap generator is inserting pages with php sessions attached to the end of the page urls. I don't know why this is happening as the pages in question do not have any sessions included in their script.

How can I get the sitemap generator to create the pages without php sessions.
Re: pages collected are including php sessions
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 10:07:28 PM »
Hello,

Sitemap generator doesn't change the URLs before including into sitemap. In case if there are session ids, it means that you script adds it.
You can modify your php configuration (php.ini) if you want to disable session ids in php scripts, settng the following option:
session.use_trans_sid off
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 01:28:30 AM »
The pages in question do not have sessions included. I had already checked the php.ini file and session.use_trans_sid off is what I have setup. I just do not understand why the pages have the PHPSESSID added to some pages but not others. My sitemap page is here:

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

If you mouse over the links, you will see that some of the pages have the PHPSESSID added. Could it be that the sessions are being carried across from the admin area where I use session control.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 04:09:26 PM »
Ok, I have managed to remove the PHPSESSID pages from being displayed in the html by adding PHPSESSID into Exclude urls. I think that the Sitemap Generator was duplicating some of the pages and listing them twice, once with the normal url and again with the PHPSESSID attached.