Some help please
« on: August 27, 2009, 09:08:07 AM »
First I would like to say I think site map generator is a great tool, but I have a problem every time I crawl I get more broken links than the last time, also links that are supposed to be broke work on my website and if I fix a link that is broken when I re-crrawl it still says it is broken. Is google pinged evry time I crawl my site, any help would b appreciated. Thanks
Re: Some help please
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 12:02:23 AM »
Hello,

please PM me the link to the broken links list and include an example URL that is reported as broken although it's working correctly for you.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 12:01:30 PM »
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

link

refered

Do you need password and username
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 03:03:06 AM »
That link is indeed broken - when you click on it, 404 error appears.
And here is the code on referred from page:
<a href="url:%20http%3A//www.tenerife-villa-guide.co.uk"><br>

it should be:
Code: [Select]
<a href="http://www.tenerife-villa-guide.co.uk"><br>
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »
Yes but on the website itself the the link works and the url is correct, but when I crawl it still says the the link is broken and the url reads wrong
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 11:51:31 AM »
The link is formatted not accordingly to standards, so you should correct the issue as described above to get it working.
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 04:21:44 PM »
I dont understand what you mean the link works fine but the site map generator says it is broken
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 11:32:27 PM »
Even if the link works in browser (browser fixes it automatically for you), it might be unreadable to search engine bots, since it's not correctly formatted in html source.