Generator error on new server
« on: August 05, 2009, 07:44:26 AM »
I have been using  Unlimited PHP Sitemap Generator fine on a shared server but on moving to a dedicated server it stalls after 45 seconds with 'Internal Server Error' and log file shows 'Premature end of script headers: index.php'. After reading posts here I thought php settings weren't right on new server but have changed php.ini to:

max_execution_time 3600
memory_limit 128M

but has made no difference. Cannot work out what is different between servers to explain why it now doesn't continue running (I can set it to save the state periodically and re-start from last save but this is very tedious for a large site. Any thoughts on what misconfiguration could still be causing the premature stop?
Re: Generator error on new server
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 09:16:47 AM »
I'm experiencing the same 'Premature end of script headers' in index.php error.
I tried several configuration changes, but without any luck.
The sitemap generator script always worked without any problems, until a littel more than a month ago.
A far as I know my server configuration (I host with Dreamhost.com) has not changed.

The crawling just stops after a couple minutes and I see the error in my log.
Pages were crawled, I see lots of temporary folders and files in my /data/progress folder.
The Crawling page also states I can continue crawling where it was. But trying to resume results in nothing. Looks lke something is locked.

Is this a known issue?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated, as sitemap-generator is a great product!

Regards, Frank
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 01:07:05 PM »
Please try to disable "Memory saving" option in generator confgiration and restart crawling from the scratch.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 07:45:35 AM »
I tried lots of stuff, but nothing seems to work out.
I keep on getting the  'Premature end of script headers: index.php'  error when I check my error log.

Is there a way to solve this and get the script running again?
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 10:52:57 AM »
Hello,

if you have ssh access to your server, you can run generator in command line, that should resolve the issue.
Also, if your hosting control panel supports scheduled tasks, you can setup a cron task to run generator, it will work similar to command line.