sitemap.xml is not updated
« on: October 20, 2009, 10:41:22 AM »
Hi
I can see that there are a lot of questions with this title, but unfortunately I wasn't able to find my problem there.

So, the problem.

I'm using the payed, standalone version of the generator and a cron job is set to auto generate on every 6 hours (/usr/local/bin/php /var/www/html/sitemap/runcrawl.php).

sitemap.xml file is set to 0666 and "data" dir is set to 0777.

So, the sitemap.xml was never updated after the cronjob was runned. It is sill updated after manual run of the generator. OK pretty standart situation.

The interest part is that on every 6 hours, new log file is generated in the "data" dir. If I open it it looks that everything went OK, but still, sitemap.xml remains the same.

Thanks for your help.
Re: sitemap.xml is not updated
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 11:17:32 PM »
Hello,

did you set your email address for notifications when created cron task? If yes, what do you receive when task is finished?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 08:42:22 AM »
I wasn't, but now I set it :)
Everything continue to looks OK, but still there is no sitemap.xml, also I run generator manually 2 times and sitemap.xml was generated (actually updated).

I receive mails that told me that sitemap.xml was generated and also there is good looking log file :)

hmm, any ideas? :)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 01:02:53 AM »
Can you try manually running generator in command line via ssh instead of cron task.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 09:52:55 AM »
Well, this is kind of a problem :)
The hosting company don't offer SSH :(
Is there any other way :)
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 02:31:32 PM »
Mm.. please try to empty sitemap.xml file, check that permissions are set to 0666 for it and run cron task again.
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 09:18:55 AM »
Well, nothing changed :(
I open sitemap.xml and delete all its content, than save it on the server. Check that it is 0666 and left it for about 2 days. The file remains empty :(
Than just about half an hour ago I run generation manually and now the file is OK.

I'm a little bit lost :(

Also all log files for those two days are in the data folder and they looks OK.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:20:58 AM by notentered »
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 03:58:45 PM »
Please send me content of notification email you receive after cron task is finished.
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 05:30:12 PM »
May I send it to you via personal message (Don't know why but I'm not allowed) or E-mail?

And thanks for the effort :)