BAD RESPONSE FROM SERVER
« on: October 30, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »
BAD RESPONSE FROM SERVER

This error comes up after crawling 30 seconds or so.  My host tells me I am only allowed 64M and a 120 second timeout. I have the php.ini file set @ 64M and 120 sec.  The config settings on the xml-sitemap page are:
100 links/page
64M memory usage
save to script state every 30 sec
Make a delay between requests, X seconds after each N requests: 120

What am I doing wrong?

Standalone Sitemap Generator (PHP) v2.9, 2008-06-15
Host:  FreeYellow.com  Apache server, PHP 4.4.7 Zend 3.2.0
Re: BAD RESPONSE FROM SERVER
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 01:01:55 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.

Also, remove "Make delay" setting in generator config.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 06:28:43 AM »
My host only allows 64M and a 120 second time out. NO EXCEPTIONS.  Too bad that you did not specify the system requirements before I purchased this program.  I would hate to have to trash this program after I paid good $$ for it.

I deleted the delay option and get the same error.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 12:10:34 AM »
Hello,

if you have SSH access to your server, you can run generator in command line instead. Also, you can setup a scheduled task (cron job) in your hosting control panel for that.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 01:07:32 AM »
Thanks for your reply.

SSH?  I have no idea what that is.  I know HTML, but not too much on scripts, etc.  Frankly, with the problems I've had so far, I'm afraid to try it any more.

Your program takes too long to run, even the 'free' version run from your site.  I have deleted the program from my server and will pursue Google website masters tools.  This is the program my host recommends.

Keith