php files "not found" in generator folder, any ideas?
« on: November 12, 2009, 02:32:25 PM »
I have a wordpress MU site, and tried to install your xml site map. I moved the generator folder into the root and set up the other 2 xml files in the root outside of the generator folder. I also set the permissions as noted in the document.

I am getting an odd problem, if I type [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]  I am getting a page not found error in wordpress. If I put on of the php pages that are inside of my generator folder in the root, I can access them fine. I can also view any other files in the generator folder, just not php files.

I am trying to figure out if this is a problem with wordpress MU or my servers php settings.

I do find it odd that wordpress can be functioning properly since it also has php files located in folders.

Anyone have/had a similar problem, or has any suggestions?

Thanks,
Fernando
Re: php files "not found" in generator folder, any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 11:31:52 PM »
Hello,

perhaps you have an .htaccess file in domain root folder that rewrites urls, you can try to create file named ".htacess" in generator folder with:
Code: [Select]
RewriteEngine off
Re: php files "not found" in generator folder, any ideas?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 05:45:37 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I had that suggested to me and I tried to add a .htaccess file in the generator folder with "RewriteEngine off", but that did not work.

I also tried to add an exception for the folder in the root of the site but that didn't work either.