File permission problems
« on: November 16, 2009, 03:43:52 PM »
Haven't been able to change the file permissions. Am on a GoDaddy server. Used FileZilla to try to change file permissions. Got the following error message:

Command:   SITE CHMOD 777 data
Response:   500 'SITE CHMOD 777 data': command not understood
Re: File permission problems
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 04:56:36 PM »
Hello,

in case of Windows server you should setup permissions either in your hosting control panel or via remote desktop connection to your server.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 05:18:39 PM »
Hello,

in case of Windows server you should setup permissions either in your hosting control panel or via remote desktop connection to your server.

There doesn't appear to be a way to do it on the server side from the GoDaddy control panel. I followed your instructions to use FileZilla in that case. ??? Any other ways to accomplish it or so you know more about the control panel side that I might be missing?
Can't save configurations
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 06:55:20 PM »
Since I am having trouble with file permissions, would that affect the ablity to save the crawling configurations? I cannot save anything I cahnge in the config window.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 07:47:11 PM »
Hello,

as far as I know, GoDaddy's control panel allows to setup folder permissions, could you please ask your hosting support for details on how exactly this can be done on your server?
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 09:23:30 PM »
Hello,

as far as I know, GoDaddy's control panel allows to setup folder permissions, could you please ask your hosting support for details on how exactly this can be done on your server?

GoDaddy's control panel does let you change permissions, but only to read and write. There is not an execute option. I sent GoDaddy the same question yesterday, and over 24 hours later, I still have not received an answer.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 10:12:58 PM »
Here is the answer I got from GoDaddy:

The .php files running Sitemap Generator will not run on iis6 but will on iis7. My domain is running on iis6 and will need to be upgraded to iis7 if that will not cause operations issues with any existing programs/applications/files running on my domain.