FrontPage pages disappearing!!!
« on: July 29, 2006, 08:27:26 PM »
My website pages disappear from my hard drive if I open them. They do not come back if I close and reopen, reboot, etc. I went into folder view and they are all saying  Size 24KB Modified by Karen and my google sitemap generator code on the same date July 28th which is when this all started. Does anyone know how this is happening. I went to my website and copied one of the missing pages and saved it but again when I opened it, it was gone. Please help as this is turning into a total disaster.
Re: FrontPage pages disappearing!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 11:04:58 PM »
Hello,

mm.. I'm not sure if I understood correctly - do you suspect that this might be related to Sitemap Generator? It has no file deletion functions implemented at all, so it couldn't be able to harm your site in any way.
Moreover, sitemap generator should be installed at your server (not at your own hard-drive).

Please provide more details on this matter.
Re: FrontPage pages disappearing!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 12:58:47 AM »
I thought it might but it doesn't. I figured it out- very weird. From time to time I have this idea to validate. I had been fixing errors on my borders. I noticed that when I previewed the missing pages, the information was there so I assumed it was there but not being seen. I went to my server and copied the borders and pasted them in changing them back to invalid and everything is back. Very odd because the html was actually not there but there somehow invisibly. Something to think about when trying to validate.