jj

External Links- "Referred From" is incorrect
« on: October 29, 2009, 03:45:24 PM »
First thanks for this great software at a great price. I am extremely satisfied with it. Easy installation and great features. By far the best way to generate a site map I have ever used.

Now for my problem. As the subject line says the "Referred From" is incorrect on External Links tab.

Please advise. Thanks!

jj

Re: External Links- "Referred From" is incorrect
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 01:41:37 AM »
Hello,

could you please provide example URLs that are displayed incorrectly?
Here is a pair. It happens that almost all the external urls do not exist on the identified referring url. Most are identified as existing on the "Referred From" shown below, however they do not exist on that page. Thanks

External Link:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Referred From:
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 12:14:58 AM »
Hello,

can you please try to regenerate sitemap, may be that was a temporary issue on the site.

jj

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 12:25:08 AM »
I regenerated the sitemap but the problem persists. Incidentally, the referring page I provided lists almost all my external links even though few, if any, exist on that page.

Thanks
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 09:53:56 AM »
Hello,

I am the webmaster of Leslie's Artgallery [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and I have the same problem
Most external links are indicated as referred from the page contact.html.
The real links on the contact page are indicated as referred from the page about.html.

I did some investigations by trying different configurations, without success. The result is always the same, it's not a temporary problem. I don't find any common points among the correct and the wrong references.

Thank you for your help.

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 09:23:15 PM »
Hello,

I see a few external links on your contact.html page, so that's correct if they are listed.

jj

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 06:59:18 AM »
My problem still exists as well.
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »
Hello Oleg,

You see a few external links on my contact.html page, but there are 58 links listed as reffered from this page.
I uploaded a copy of the ExtLinksPage from the standalone Sitemap Generator with the results in the xml-sitemaps data folder at the following url:

I would be glad if you could check this list.

greetings from Luxembourg