completed IIS scheduled job doesn't show in admin
« on: December 22, 2009, 12:52:40 PM »
i installed generator last week on a shared IIS server and it is running fine.

we have now set up a scheduled job which, according the the website control panel, ran successfully last night (22-dec-09 00:00).

however, when looking via admin, there is no trace of the job having run - the last reported was:

Request date:
20 December 2009, 18:05
Processing time:
0:01:08s
Pages indexed:

besides the date difference, i know that there are now at least 6000 pages online.

is this just a mismatch in the reporting, or is the job not running?
Re: completed IIS scheduled job doesn't show in admin
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 01:09:43 PM »
ah, ok, looking deeper into this, i see that, although the job reported an HTTP200 Success, the actual return was:

This tool can be executed in command line mode only

so how can i sort this?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 02:11:45 PM »
ok so i dug a big in the forum, and found someone wh'd have a similar problem which was fixed via an amended runcrawl.php.

i tried the same and it's worked brilliantly ;D

top product by the way, very happy! we'll be converting my customers very soon....

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »
all is running pretty well now with the modified runcrawl.php, except that email notification doesn't seem to be working. this is the end of the runcrawl.php output, as returned by the task scheduler:

<h4>Completed</h4>Total pages indexed: 14258<br>Creating sitemaps...<br>Sending email notification...<script>
top.location = 'index.php?op=view'
</script>
PHP Warning:  mail() [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail</a>]: SMTP server response: 554 5.7.1 Message cannot be accepted, content filter rejection me@example.com any in D:\Domains\(..myclientsdomain.com...)\wwwroot\generator\pages\class.mail.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 46
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 10:54:35 PM »
Hello,

try to change "sendmail_from" setting in php.ini from "me@example.com" to a real email address.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 11:48:37 AM »
hmmm..... we're running an ASP site here, and the only PHP code is yours. i've had a look, but i can't see a php.ini anywhere... should i create one? and where should it go?
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 12:38:58 PM »
There must be an existing php.ini file somewhere, you can find it's location on phpinfo() page:
Configuration File (php.ini) Path : ....
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 01:43:48 PM »
ok so i see this:

Configuration File (php.ini) Path    C:\WINDOWS
Loaded Configuration File    D:\php5\php.ini

as we're on shared hosting, i guess maybe i need to speak with the hosting company.. or is there an override possible?
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 02:01:54 PM »
You can try to create own file named php.ini  in generator folder. In case if doesn't work, you'll need to contact hosting support.