I can't get my crawling to start
« on: December 02, 2009, 07:31:28 PM »
Hi,

I've been searching through this forum for a concrete solution to solve the problem that I keep getting this error:

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I can not get the crawling to even begin. And I've tried adding my IP address to the Advanced Settings area and my full URL to the starting URL field. Any idea what my problem is and how I can solve it?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Tara
Re: I can't get my crawling to start
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:18:32 PM »
Hello,

looks like you have a trailing backward slash "\" in Starting URL, you should remove it.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 10:08:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply. No matter what I do, I can not get that "\" to leave my site URL. As soon as I hit save it goes back to the default, with "\"... and the IP address field clears too. It's as though my setting aren't being saved at all.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 08:10:05 PM »
Hello,

make sure that you have set write permissions for generator/data/ folder, as described inn installation instructions. In case of WIndows hosting you canmanage permissions either in hosting control panel or via remote desktop connection.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 11:09:58 PM »
They are set to read/write but I still can't get my settings to save or my crawling to start. Any other ideas why it might not be working?
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 02:39:59 PM »
Hello,

could you please PM me your hosting CP login so that I can check permissions?