Configuration Error - This file is protected by copyright law..
« on: December 08, 2009, 11:03:30 AM »
Hey

I have a website on 123-reg.

Sorry if this is obvious but i am having trouble configuring the sitemap generator after installation.

Installation went perfectly fine using the step by step pdf guide, set the permissions of the 'sitemap.xml' and 'ror.xml' files to 666, and the data folder in the 'generatot' folder to 777.

The final step - 'To access your sitemap generator enter your website address ([ External links are visible to forum administrators only ])
and follow the on screen instructions.'

On typing that address i get a text list of all the files in that folder, and on clicking 'index.php' or any of the other files i get the following message >

Code: [Select]
<?php ...
?>

Could anyone please advise me on what i am doing wrong?

Many Thanks

Ben
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 03:41:17 PM by admin »
Re: Configuration Error - This file is protected by copyright law..
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 03:41:02 PM »
Hello,

it is possible that your site doesn't support PHP language (which is required), could you please contact your hosting support to find out?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 04:51:52 PM »
Thanks for the reply, i have emailed them to double check, 123-reg does mention briefly that it is php compatible but on running a php info check on the website, it does not pull up and information, just showing the code (see link below)

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

This would suggest that it doesn't support php although another domain name on 123-reg as well does display the php info (see below)

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Will wait for a reply and get back to you.

Is this what is causing the error?

Thanks

Ben
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 12:04:34 AM »
Hello,

since test.php is not working in your example, php must be disabled in that case - most likely php is enabled/disabled per domain on your server, so it works in one case but not in another one.