Not indexing blog entries
« on: January 03, 2010, 06:06:08 AM »
I have searched through the forums, and see that it is a common problem, but I can't seem to find the reason or solution as to why it's happening to me! I can't get the sitemap generator to find my blog entries. It finds the summary and the archive, but not the pages with the full entry.

I use iWeb to create my site and blog, and I've tried the following URLs to create the sitemap with no success:

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

(used www. as well as no www.)

Thanks in advance for your patience, as I can see you've answered this many different times and ways!
Re: Not indexing blog entries
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 07:23:39 AM »
Well, I think I figured it out! I seem to fall into the category of "my blog entry page links are javascript generated". So, I've manually created an archive page with real links. A bit of a pain for the extra step, but at least it'll be found!

So for my next question: If I have Google Webmaster Tools settings to "don't set a preferred domain" (ie: either [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] or domain.com), should I submit sitemaps for both options?
Re: Not indexing blog entries
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 08:19:34 PM »
Hello,

no, you should not submit to both options, just select either www or non-www domain.