Private Message
« on: August 02, 2006, 09:53:37 AM »
Hi there.

Sorry to trouble you admin.

Firstly I would like to congratulate you on your product. It is working really well for me and I do recommend you to others on SEO forums.

I was just wondering if the disgusting private messages that I received today were sent to everyone.

Is this board secure or was this sent by an member inside?

Thank you.
A h-uile là sona dhuibh 's gun là idir dona dhuib.

| |
Re: Private Message
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 10:23:16 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are very sorry about this and the user account in question has been deleted.

This issue has affected many boards based on SMF last days and is related to sending mass Private Message.
I've disabled PM sending permissions for normal users now and this is only available for registered customers of Unlimited Sitemap Generator to avoid this in the future.
Re: Private Message
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 02:13:59 PM »
Firstly I would also like to apologise to all members that received this personal message and for any distress it may have caused.

As explained by Oleg previously this spam was sent through the private messaging system by a spammer who joined the board specifically to do this. Oleg has disabled this facility now and it should not happen again.

I would like to reassure all members that the board is secure and has not been hacked in anyway. As the email was sent via the private messaging system no email addresses of any members would have been available to the spammer.

I would also like to thank everyone who reported this to us so we were able to act quickly.
Philip Nicosia