Crawl Button Problem
« on: January 16, 2010, 11:26:43 PM »
I uploaded  the generator file to my website and set file permission to 0666 for both sitemap.xml and ror.xml
I then set the data files to 0777 permission.  I log into the sitemap interface and hit the crawl button and it states
I don't have permission to access generator/index.php on this server.  Any ideas ?  Have I missed a setting for permissions ?

code 404
Re: Crawl Button Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 12:02:14 AM »
Do I need to set all the files in the data folder to 777 ?  I set the data folder to 777 only ?  Maybe that's my problem ??
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 05:08:36 PM »
I had the host company fix the error message I got.  It was a security issue and they said thay palced it on my whitelist.  Now no error, but I got to the crawl page and hit the button to generate a sitemap.  It's opne for a few seconds and then closes.  No sitemap is generated....  Any ideas
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 05:12:03 PM »
I had the host company fix the error message I got.  It was a security issue and they said thay palced it on my whitelist.  Now no error, but I got to the crawl page and hit the button to generate a sitemap.  It's opne for a few seconds and then closes.  No sitemap is generated....  Any ideas

Sitemap has to be written too..try 755

/data folder (777)
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 07:10:17 PM »
I successfully installed and configured sitemap generator, but when I click on run in under the crawl tab some sort of error page is posted so quickly I can't read it, and then the screen goes back to the main screen. I've tried to capture the error but have not been able to. I tried putting the site's IP address in the advanced section and reviewed file and folder permissions, and all seems to be in order.  Can you advise...I think I checked everything .........Can't generate sitemap
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 07:15:31 PM »
I successfully installed and configured sitemap generator, but when I click on run in under the crawl tab some sort of error page is posted so quickly I can't read it, and then the screen goes back to the main screen. I've tried to capture the error but have not been able to. I tried putting the site's IP address in the advanced section and reviewed file and folder permissions, and all seems to be in order.  Can you advise...I think I checked everything .........Can't generate sitemap

wish I could help. I am awaiting help for my problems also.
is there a error log showing in your directory?
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 12:50:50 AM »
Just wanted to say...Thanks for helping me with problem.  Sitemap works fine now !
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 01:06:21 PM »
WHAT WAS THE FIX  -please post for all to see