xml file(s) not created
« on: May 03, 2010, 08:05:28 AM »
Hi,

I am facing the issue described in this topic :
https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,3374.msg12582.html#msg12582

So I followed your tips and installed the "ReloadEvery" Firefox add-on. But unfortunately this add-on doesn't solve the issue in my case.

It restarts the page every 10  seconds (I even tried every minute), ok, and the message displayed is "Please wait. Sitemap generation in progress...", ok. But :

The size of the file named "crawl_dump.log" on the server increases, increases, increases... and comes back to 0ko after reaching sometimes more than 12Mo. It seems that all the information this file contained has not been saved into the xml file on the root because this xml file weight is still 0ko.

Could you please help ? (I sent you my login + password in private)
Re: xml file(s) not created
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 09:49:08 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.
Re: xml file(s) not created
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 05:08:01 PM »
Hi,

After upgrading my contract with my hosting company, I have now access to the php.ini file and, then, it works for the million pages of my website.

But I think it would be better if you tell people to make sure they have access to their php.ini file BEFORE any payment ! (only in case they have more than 100,000 pages to index)

Except this, it works perfectly now.

Best regards