Bogus broken links
« on: May 28, 2010, 01:29:25 AM »
After initial difficulties, I reread the instructions, actually followed them, and got the program installed and ran it. It showed 149 broken links. Some of these were actually broken, but there are a slew that take a form such as this one: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

The correct page name is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I have gone to pages it shows has these links and tested every link on the page and they all work and they all show the correct address. I do not know why it repeats part of the subdirectories.

I don't know if this issue is significant and whether Google will see things the way Sitemap Generator sees them. Any idea what is going on? I'd feel better if the broken links tab showed zero.

Since many of these are partial addresses (as opposed to "[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ].....") I thought maybe going back and changing my navigation bars to full addresses would make a difference, but it doesn't.

Any idea why I'm generating these kinds of broken links?

Randy Schuyler