Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted
« on: July 19, 2010, 09:43:48 PM »
Oleg - First of all, thank you for continuing to upgrade one of the best products I have ever bought and certainly the best value.

I haven't used it in a while and have revised the site. I now have the error:

Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted

which I think might be a php allocation error and maximum size to an application? Unfortunately I am only half done with the URLs on my site, which is a lot. A couple of things:

1) I have vbulletin. I used the settings that it provides as an option but it seems that tags and some other items were also being indexed. Is this right and proper?

2) I may not have done the command line properly - I think you are supposed to use the cron statement as is to execute php in ssh, e.g. php path/to/runcrawl.php or something like that.  Now if you do, is there a way to stop it if you need to abort, e.g. server overload? Might this be better than using http?

Thanks and look forward to your answers. Thank you for version 4!
Re: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 12:09:49 PM »
Hello,

yes, looks like memory_limit needs to be increased in PHP options.
1. I would probably keep tags in sitemap, but add "tag" word in "Do not parse" setting to get them crawled faster.

2. the command line usually looks like:
/usr/bin/php /path/to/generator/runcrawl.php

You can create empty file named interrupt.log in generator/data/ folder, then generator will automatically detect it and will stop crawling.