Is this error due to the server settings?
« on: July 26, 2010, 07:25:39 AM »
HI,

I have been using the XML Sitemap generator for over a year and have had great success with it on my rather large ecommerce site. However, I recently changed host servers and have not been able to succesfully create a sitemap since. Seems like the server, right? Except it may have been a configuration problem when we moved the site, and we also did the upgrade to the latest version.

So the error I get is this:

Total pages indexed: 7216
Creating sitemaps... and calculating changelog...

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 3407872) (tried to allocate 82724170 bytes) in /home/tritek/public_html/generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 62

It doesn't seem to matter if I limit the pages or not. We were creating a sitemap with over 20,000 pages on our last server. The new host swears there are no limitations on the max_memory or execution time because we are paying for a private IP address.

What do you think?

Thank you!
Re: Is this error due to the server settings?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:30:25 AM »
Hello,

from the error message it looks like memory_limit defined in PHP configuration is reached, you would need to increase it to resolve the issue.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 05:01:21 PM »
Thank you. This is what I originally thought was the problem, but I have it set at 10000M, which should be enough I think. The sitemap can be as much as 26,000 pages. I checked the phpinfo.php on my site and it confirmed both the local and master values to agree with this setting. Max_execution_time is set to 40000 seconds also, which I think should also be OK.

Do you think I need to increaser these?

Thank you again. I really appreciate your product and your excellent support!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 10:15:53 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.