no sitemap being generated
« on: August 03, 2010, 03:10:38 AM »
I started the generator about 2 weeks ago right before we walked out the door for vacation and I had to terminate it when it was about 80% done.  Went back in today and restarted it.  It seemed to be done because there wasn't anything happening on the main crawling screen (the fields had all gone blank) except that the timer was still counting.  I let it go for about an hour like this, but finally went in to View Sitemap and it said that the sitemap hadn't been generated.  I also can't tell how to restart it - there is no option to do this on the Crawling tab.  How do I restart (which is what I assume I need to do at this point) and create the sitemap?
Re: no sitemap being generated
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 09:17:09 PM »
Hello,

there must be a checkbox on Crawling tab in case if the process was interrupted. You can check your generator/data/ folder for crawl_dump.log file - if it exists, then it contains details for generator to resume  the process.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 11:32:15 PM »
No checkmark in the Crawling tab box now.  There was one after I interrupted the process the first time, but now I only have "Run in background" with a check box for "Do not interrupt scrip....".  I looked for the crawl_dump.log file and it does exist in the folder you mentioned.  No way to start crawling again...
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 11:26:53 AM »
I see, it must be related to memory limit reached by sitemap generator, you would need to increase memory_limit setting in your php configuration (php.ini) to resolve that.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 06:34:57 PM »
I've looked in the Generator directory and am not seeing a php.ini file either there, or in the two subdirectories.  Is there a way to get on the phone with someone or directly email?  Waiting a day for each response is taking too long and I really just need to get this done.  Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 10:15:47 PM »
The location of php.ini file differes from server to server, you might need to contact your hosting support for that.