Allowed memory size error
« on: July 25, 2010, 09:43:34 PM »
Hi,

At first Sitemap Generator script was working properly, but after some time it stopped working.

At the error log I found several error messages such as this:

Code: [Select]
[24-Jul-2010 03:02:47] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 75881031 bytes) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 27

Since the file class.utils.inc.php is encrypted I do not know what is happening.

What should be done to get the script working again?

Thanks.
Re: Allowed memory size error
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:28:18 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 04:26:48 PM »
I do not believe this is a host issue. I've been on with customer support for hours trying to figure this out. Read this from the host company and advise ASAP as I am not the only one with this problem.

[9:24:16 AM] Dana Marie: (10:22:19 AM)  Allen Re: I am getting an XML parsing error, not a time out.
[9:25:53 AM] Dana Marie: (10:25:33 AM)  Allen Re:  It looks as though the script that you have set for your sitemap generates an XML file and that file is what is used to display your sitemap. Somehow the script had a problem trying to intemperate that file.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 08:31:48 AM »
From the post above it appears that an error is memory-related, in your case there is a different issue it seems. Please PM me details on the problem you get, including the URLs where the xml parsing issue happens.