Sub Domains & blogs
« on: April 16, 2008, 11:39:17 AM »
hi guys, got my sitemap php folder this morning thank you. I have a question about my site and its use of sub domains.

I have four sub domains e.g. keyword.mysite.com

the files are stored under [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Q1:  Will this content be seen in the main site xml sitemap? ( I have configured the sitemap to point at the main domain [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ])

I also have one active blog ([ External links are visible to forum administrators only ])

plus will be adding additional blogs for each of my partners ([ External links are visible to forum administrators only ])

I would like all to be seen as a single site, which it is.

Q2:  Can the xml sitemap present all of these different content sources to Google as one site?

I am interested in particularly ensuring that the blogs and all its content is added to the main domain to enhance its ranking.

Thanks

Re: Sub Domains & blogs
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »
Hello,

xml sitemaps protocol doesn't allow to include URLs from different (sub) domains in a single sitemap, so you will have to either combine all resources under the same domain or create separate sitemaps for each of your subdomains.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 08:33:16 PM »
Hi thanks for this.

I understand about the subdomains. But can I clarify about the blog please?

So, are you saying that I can have my /blog included automatically within my mysite.com domain or is that a different site because it has an 'index.php' file?

Is there no way around combining the main site with the blog?

Thanks

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 11:49:28 PM »
It should be included in the same sitemap then, just make sure that you have the link to blog on your website homepage.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 06:50:17 AM »
yes the homepage has a link so thats good. I will check to see if it was covered.

Thanks Oleg