www.mysite.com/generator yields 404 page on my WordPress site
« on: September 07, 2010, 03:02:09 AM »
I just installed the sitemap generator, following the instructions provided.  However, once completed I went to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], and instead of seeing the configuration panel, I'm getting the 404 page of my WordPress site.  Did I do something wrong?

Site: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
WordPress version 3.0.1
Theme: Headway

thanks,
Mike
Re: www.mysite.com/generator yields 404 page on my WordPress site
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:20:10 PM »
Hello,

please try to create a file named .htaccess in generator/ folder with one line:
RewriteEngine off
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:06:51 PM »
Well, that does make sense, but I tried it and it didn't work.  Anything else I can try? 

Incidentally, I do have other folders on this site that are served outside of the WordPress loop and are working OK.  Example: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:00:37 PM by mikemcgee »
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »
I also noticed that a colleague of mine who also has WordPress has the same issue.  If you go to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] you'll see that he also gets the 404 message.  Yet, I know he has xml-sitemaps installed, because you can see it here: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

So, there must be some work-around for this.  Any idea?

thanks,
Mike
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 02:37:34 AM »
Well, I deleted and re-installed and it's working fine now.

If it helps anyone else, I had zipped the generator folder, uploaded it and extracted it inside my c-panel.  Maybe something when wrong during the zipping or the extraction?  Anyway, I uploaded all the files individually and it's working fine now.

Sorry for the trouble.

thanks,
Mike