Sitemap generator not indexing my website links - bit befuddled
« on: September 07, 2010, 02:15:26 PM »
Hi

I'm absolutely stuck here. I don't have any broken links, my metatags are correct - I'm pretty sure, my links aren't worked with any javascript. The page works on my one page default.asp, but the content gets generated on it through the variables I give it. It doesn't even show the default.asp page, just the domain - [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]. I don't know what to do here. Please help

JamLizzy  ???
Re: Sitemap generator not indexing my website links - bit befuddled
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:34:26 PM »
Hello,

looks like you have a custom code that applies some javascript for the first page opened by a visitor and that makes the site not accessible for bots.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 08:08:39 AM »
Hi there

Would you know particularly which code it is that could be causing that?

Jason
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 03:50:47 PM »
This is really not making any sense... Unless this is in the asp... It has to be the asp, but why?
I copied the source code, ftp'd this up as a normal html file - [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], tested the sitemap generator on it and it worked ok. I stripped out my includes for my functions and variables, but that made no difference... Could this be a setting that needs to be sorted on the asp server's side?  ???
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 08:58:13 AM »
It's hard to tell which part of the site backend does that, possibly on ASP side.
You can use that this.html link as Starting URL for sitemap generator to create a sitemap (I just tried and it seems to work), however I'd recoomend to look into that issue with js redirect anyway.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 04:05:46 PM »
I could do it like that... but when it comes to submitting the sitemap to Google sitemaps, won't there still be a conflict in errors due to this dilemma I'm experiencing?
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 09:15:02 AM »
Yes, that's why I still recommend you to check this issue further (possibly with your site developer or your host).
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 01:24:24 PM »
Hi

I am having the same problem with html pages all my pages the generator picks up 5 of about 25 pages but don't know why?