Exclude directory with generator - Help
« on: September 18, 2010, 01:24:53 AM »
I have a site with a blog in a subdirectory  [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
I assume I should be using Wordpress site map plugin to generate the blog site map as it will do the work on it's own. 

However, I want to put a sitemap in the root of the site that won't overlap the sitemap already taking place in the blog sitemap. 

Please tell me what I should do.  Thank you very much.
Re: Exclude directory with generator - Help
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 08:34:30 AM »
Hello,

you can have two sitemaps with different filenames for that. Also, it's ok to include blog URLs in your main (full) sitemap too (i.e. do not exclude blog/ folder work sitemap generator).
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 12:18:25 AM »
That makes sense.  So xml generator on this site does not crawl through sub directories on it's own?

If it does, I will have a sitemap that includes the site and blog, then the sitemap plugin on the blog.  The problem with this is that the sitemap plugin and the one I do for the site are updated differently.  Since the site only gets changed a couple times a month, the blog part of it won't be up to date.  Does that make sense?

D
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 08:28:07 AM »
As long as you have a link to blog somewhere on homepage, sitemap generator will find it and inner blog pages too.
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 10:00:56 PM »
Sorry for the continued confusion, but won't it be a problem that the sitemap in the root has only the blog posts included every couple weeks while the sitemap plugin for the blog updates regularly? 

The two sitemaps will show one being up to date and one being stale by a week or two..