An error occured message
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:49:19 AM »
I'm getting an error message when trying to create a sitemap for my website.

An error occured.
Please make sure to specify the correct website URL and resubmit your request. (but I'm typing the url correctly)

I believe this error is just showing the tips of a bigger problem. I can see (analytics) that my website is getting a good amount of visitors monthly but neither alexa nor compete are able to reconize my website.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks!
Re: An error occured message
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 02:12:28 PM »
Hello,

please contact your host to check that requests to your site sent from our IPs are NOT blocked:
85.92.84.232  - 85.92.84.237

Those are xml-sitemaps.com IPs, possibly you have blocked IPs of alexa and other bots.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 04:12:46 PM »
It's kind of confusing.

The primary domain is registered with enomcentral.
Primary domain and secondary domain are hosted by godaddy.
Joomla is installed on the [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ].
Index.html is redirected on .htaccess to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

If I try to create a sitemap for [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] or [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] I get the error.
If I try to create a sitemap for [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] it works but google webmaster tools do not recognize the file.

Godaddy said there's no IP been blocked on the hosting account.

So what could it be?
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 10:15:21 AM »
Hello,

what is your website URLs and where is your xml sitemap located?