cant get public_html file transferred? newbie
« on: October 16, 2010, 02:22:38 PM »
Hi
Please bear with me as i am a complete novice at this.I have a joomla 1.5 site and am trying to familiarise myself with a few small jobs like putting a sitemap on there for my webmaster tools.  So i have filezilla set up, my it firm  said there is no public_html folder i would need to create one, I have also got the pdf showing how to install the sitemap.
I created the public_html file in the left hand window but it wont transfer? it says the reason is "creating directory"

the 2nd problem is that when i  download the sitemap files by e mail either they are not being unzipped properly or something as i dont see anything that says generator as the pdf shows? i am using a free trial of winzip and when unzipped i get 2 xml files a html file and a .txt . I take it filezilla unzips these as i transfer them?

Can someone please guide me through what to do

thanks
Gaz
Re: cant get public_html file transferred? newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 08:42:47 AM »
Hello,

you should upload resulting sitemap.xml to the folder where your website files are located. IN some cases the folder is called "public_html", or "htdocs", or "www" etc.

If you are using free online generator, then you will receive only sitemap files in email. If you want to get sitemap generator script files, it should be purchased here: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/standalone-google-sitemap-generator.html