Problem indexing PHP files?
« on: September 09, 2006, 05:39:55 PM »
Hi

I have just installed the Sitemap Generator on two of my sites with the same host. The seperate sites are simply in different folders within the same hosting account.

The scipt works perfect with one of the sites which has entirely html pages but doesn't work with the other site which has all PHP pages.

The script has been installed excatly the same on both sites but only works on one. I can only assume that the script doesn't like PHP sites. All I see is a 'Please wait. Sitemap generation in progress...' and nothing is ever generated.

Is this a known problem or have I missed something?

Thanks
Simon
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 05:42:23 PM by simon2 »
Re: Problem indexing PHP files?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 12:21:43 AM »
Hello,

probably there are more pages to crawl in the second case. You should just wait longer. You can also use "Save state" option to resume generation after it is interrupted.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 10:53:21 AM »
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Actually there are fewer pages on the PHP site than the html. The sitemap for the html site generated within a few seconds whilst the PHP one never completed.

Would it cause a problem if the PHP files had html coding in them?

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Simon
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 01:58:42 AM »
Yes, possibly the php script that generate pages on the target works too slowly for some URLs. You can try to limit the number of pages in configuration to check this further.