:(
I have had a site on-line for 1.5 years. Google has never indexed any page other than my home page. I have tried every advice I have been given but still the same result.
My site is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
If you use the site:http://www.theoldexchange.com command in the google search bar, you will only see the home page listed. However any other site I have tried the full index of all their pages appear. The result is that even though I optimize each page for different search terms, only the home page can ever be found by people using google to search.

I have created a sitemap.xml which I submitted to google (and got a green tick in my profile). It is located in the same directory as my home page [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Half of my inbound links I have turned into full URL's ([ External links are visible to forum administrators only ])
My meta tags have the 'robots follow all' tag
I have also tried to get inbound links to other pages such as [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Nothing I have done helps. I have already torn all of my hair out. If anyone has been in this position can they please point me in the right direction.

P.S. If google had penalised me and put my site in their 'sandbox' I have been told that my homepage would not show as being indexed.

nick4033

Can't give you much help.  Sounds like and looks like your doing everything right. 

I just had to tell you I went to the site and I can see why you are frustrated.  It's a very nice site.  You deserve better  :).   If I come across anything that may help I'll let you know.

Nick

Okay I went back to my site and ran your site through the MetaTag Analyzer and then my favorite  The "All in one tool" at the bottom of the home page.  The meta tag will recommend changes.  The all in one shows you have :
97 pages linking to the site
Google has 77 ( It does show your other pages)
MSN has 114 links
Yahoo   36links

Your Alexa Ranking is 1,375,679

The tools I use are at nicksaid.com

« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 07:20:06 AM by nick4033 »