Broken Links in Blog?
« on: September 27, 2006, 12:03:55 AM »
Hey,

Hope someone can help with this. Our site has a Blog that shows 37 Broken links. There are no broken links that I can find. I am wondering if anyone else has come accross this problem and a possable solution. We are using one of the templates from blogger. This is some of the errors urls that we are getting.

1.  [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

URL for #1 is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

2. [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

3. blog/2006/08/love-your-carpet.html url of this is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

4. [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Please give me some advice.

Re: Broken Links in Blog?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 12:54:57 AM »
Hello,

on the Broken Links page along with bad URLs you can find the URLs were they're linked FROM. That will help you to find them and correct.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 04:15:57 AM »
It may be a bug with Sitemaps or Blogger. I have checked and recheked the pages and do not find the bad urls that are listed. Are you willing to look at it? What can we do?

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 02:42:05 PM »
If you view the source code of [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

you will see the following html

<a href="sms:?body=Hi%2C%20check%20out%20Home%20Inspection%20and%20Repair%20Tips%20at%20www.americanhomeinspectordirectory.com%2Fblog%2F">Send As SMS</a>

and that is what is being picked up as a broken link. It is part of the Blogger header.
Philip Nicosia
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 02:38:37 AM »
Should I remove the code? I am not sure what it does. I guess I could try it and keep a copy of it un-edited. Please tell me what you think.

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 11:09:30 AM »
Hi, its part of the Blogger header. It doesn't do anything as it is a broken link and just goes to a 404 page.

Philip Nicosia
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 09:47:03 PM »
Can I send you the blooger code so you can point out what I can remove? When I look at the code in the template it is not anythink like view source. It must pull from a database.

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 02:14:35 AM »
Got it! Thanks

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 07:31:35 PM »
Sorry but I am still comming up with some broken links. I cant the pages that they are comming from. There is nothing in box to where the URLs were linked FROM Please help!

This is what I get:

No Broken Link (Code 404) Referred from
1 loans/adjustable_rate_mortgages.htm>adjustable rate mortgages (ARM's) with initial fixed rate periods. There are a wide variety of these hybrid ARM's available offering fixed interest rate periods of 3 to ten years.

loans/balloon_mortgages.php 2 ror-sitemap.xml blog/2006/02/asbestos-in-your-home-managing-problem.html 3 standards/ethics.php site_map.php 4 loans/3dayalrt.php site_map.php 5 loans/refinance.php site_map.php 6 forum/emailto:no.one@domain.adr forum/faq.php?mode=bbcode 7 loans/elig.htm loans/faqelig.php 8 loans/fha.htm loans/hsgabout.php

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 10:51:26 PM »
If you are talking about your blog then where are the broken links reported? I have just tried it and you haven't got any.
Philip Nicosia
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 03:42:51 AM »
No,

After fixing the blog I ran the sitemap generator again and havethe following broken links.

1. [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ])</a>%20with%20initial%20fixed%20rate%20periods.%20Thereare%20a%20wide%20variety%20of%20these%20hybrid%20ARM's%20available%20offering%20fixedinterest%20rate%20periods%20of%203%20to%20ten%20years.</p></font></td></tr></table><font%20size=

2.[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

3.[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

4.[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

5.[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

6.[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

7.[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

8.[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

9.[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

10.[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

11.[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

12.[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

13.[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

14.[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

15.[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 04:06:25 PM »
If the generator is reporting these broken links then it will also report what pages they are found on. View the source code of the page with the bad link to see where the problem is.

Philip Nicosia