Crawl process frozen
« on: December 28, 2010, 06:27:31 PM »
Hi Oleg,

After installing the Unlimited PHP Sitemap Generator today I've run into problems with the crawling. I'm trying to create 6 site maps for 6 different language versions, each version of the site is about 150k pages.

After a very slow start, approx. 5000 pages indexed in 3 hours, I can now no longer access the xml-sitemaps control panel. The index.php?op=config page will no longer load. Initially I could at least follow the crawl progress and attempt to identify the reason why it was so slow.

The hosting service (shared server) control panel does not allow changes to the php.ini file but I have emailed them asking if they can change max_execution_time  and memory_limit settings in our php configuration.

Before it froze completely I tried using the ReloadEvery Firefox add-on to get around restrictions on php config modifications. It didn't seem to work, despite a few changes to the reload intervals.

During the crawl process the public pages of the website are often inaccessible. When pages are not displayed the server gives an error message [User mywebsitexyz already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections].

Any help you can offer would be very gratefully received.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:38:11 PM by services.clients »
Re: Crawl process frozen
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 07:49:22 PM »
Hello,

try to open generator interface in other browser (or try to just close browser and reopen it).
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 07:54:21 AM »
Hi -

Tx for your reply. Opened it with Chrome. After a few minutes the following error message displayed:

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
Below is the original error message

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 08:52:01 AM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »
Hi Oleg,

Sent you login details by PM early today. Looking forward to your illuminations.

David
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 07:11:01 AM »
FYI Oleg - my hosting service provider replied: max_execution_time and memory_limit cannot be changed on shared hosting packages.

Regards,
David
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 02:17:42 PM »
Hi Oleg - still hoping to get a response, do queries from paid-up customers not merit a response before handling posts from trial version users...
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 02:48:39 PM »
Hi Oleg - just received the Standalone Sitemap Generator Report email, thanks.

I see that you changed the settings and ran the sitemap generator successfully.

You limited it to 25000 URLS and excluded contact and map pages.

To obtain a sitemap (in 3 files) of all 150k pages would you recommend I change the parameters and run it again?