Script Configuration Issues - PHP and Write errors
« on: January 07, 2011, 06:34:40 PM »
I recently purchased the Unlimited XML Sitemaps product. I've gotten it configured correctly for the most part, but am still experiencing some buggy behavior.

First Things First
I followed the directions in the documentation setting file permissions to:
/ror.xml --> 666
/sitemap.xml --> 666
/generator/data/ --> 777

The script is successfully writing to the /generator/data/generator.conf file and the admin GUI is password secured.

Here are my settings on the Configuration page:
CONFIGURATION
Starting URL: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Save sitemap to: C:\websites\silvertonhospital.org\
Your Sitemap URL: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
HTML Sitemap filename: C:\websites\silvertonhospital.org\generator/data/sitemap.html

It took me a little bit to get these "right" as the script kept throwing errors when saving the Configuration page. I'm still questioning whether these are correct, but I'm getting no more errors... until I crawl the domain for sitemap generation.

Moving on to the View Sitemap page:
VIEW SITEMAP
HTML SiteMap: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Text SiteMap: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
ROR SiteMap: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
1. XML SiteMap File: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

The View Sitemap page also throws the following error:
PHP Warning: file(C:\websites\silvertonhospital.org\generator/data/silvertonhospital.org) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\websites\silvertonhospital.org\generator\pages\class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 62 PHP Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in C:\websites\silvertonhospital.org\generator\pages\class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 62

Statements
  • log files in /generator/data/ are being written successfully
  • urllist.txt in /generator/data/ is being written successfully
  • sitemap.html is not being written to /generator/data (as stated in the View Sitemap page)
  • ror.xml is not being written to /
  • sitemap.xml is not being written to /
  • clearly the XML Sitemap File path on the View Sitemap page is incorrect

My hunch is that the Save sitemap to: and HTML Sitemap Filename: fields on the configuration page are not set correctly...

Please help.
Re: Script Configuration Issues - PHP and Write errors
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 09:01:46 AM »
Hello,

"Save sitemap to" setting should include the file name, like:
C:\websites\domain\sitemap.xml
Re: Script Configuration Issues - PHP and Write errors
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 05:45:57 PM »
OK, excellent. With your advice, I've solved all but one problem.

The script is now successfully writing to:
  • sitemap.xml at the domain root
  • sitemap.html at /generator/data/

The sole issue I have left is with ror.xml.

I have created ror.xml at the domain root and given it the specified permissions (chmod 666).

On the Configuration page, I have flagged the "Create sitemap in ROR format" option. The help text below the checkbox states, "It will be stored in the same folder as XML sitemap, but with different filename: ror.xml"

This seems to indicate that the ror.xml file will be written at the domain root, the same place that the sitemap.xml file is currently being written.

When crawling the domain, the ror.xml file at the domain root is not being written to.

Any ideas?