Installation problem - index page is blank
« on: January 17, 2011, 11:35:59 AM »
I am installing the standalone xml sitemap generator, I have previously used it and so know that it usually works perfectly well.

However I have moved to a new server and for some reason after installing, when I go to index.php, the page is blank. I am wondering if some server setting could cause this, as if that is the case I can have that altered.

Have you come across this problem and do you know what may be causing the blank page?

Thanks
Re: Installation problem - index page is blank
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:03:36 PM »
Hello,

it's possible that file permissions are incorrect after moving to a new server, please try to reinstall generator (remove generator folder and reupload it again from generator package)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 10:08:09 AM »
Thanks, I have double checked all the permissions and reinstalled, with no luck.

I think it is something to do with an error I have made with the settings on the server, as no php error or anything is showing, but I do see in the error logs after trying to access index.php, the following entry,
"client denied by server conf"

Someone on another forum thinks it is my virtual hosts are invalid. If I find the problem and fix it I will post back here for the record.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:35:14 PM »
It is working now. Not sure exactly which of the steps I took fixed it, but I reinstalled Apache, upgraded to php version 5.16 and included zend optimiser, as I noticed the files are encoded, so I wondered if maybe it was just that my server was not decoding them.

I cant be sure if it was the installation of Zend that did the trick, or whether reinstalling apache fixed something else, but the main thing is, it works and I am glad, as while it was not working I tried various other types of sitemap generator, and I have to say that I prefer xml-sitemaps generator.