hanzo

0 (zero) in Web Index (from Google Webmaster Tools)
« on: January 26, 2011, 07:14:33 AM »
After upgrading to the latest version 5 of Unlimited Sitemap Generator, and submitting to Google, I noticed that web index now shows as zero.  Previously, with sitemaps generated by earlier version 4 of USG, it did not show zero.

* Below is what Google Webmaster Tools shows:
Submitted URLs
0 URLs in web index

Type          Downloaded       URLs
                                                Submitted     URLs in web index
/sitemap.xml
    Sitemap   Jan 25, 2011   3,067             0

/sitemap_images.xml
    Images   Jan 25, 2011   2,418             --

Do I have to be concerned about this ?  Is it a bug in Google Webmaster Tools, or something has to be corrected in USG ?

Thanks
Re: 0 (zero) in Web Index (from Google Webmaster Tools)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:54:21 AM »
Hello,

please check that sitemap lists correct URLs for you when opened in browser, then I'd wait a day and re-check the status of sitemap in webmaster account.

hanzo

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 10:17:28 AM »
I generate my sitemaps at Hostgator, and when sitemap there is viewed in browser, it's ok:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I then transfer the sitemap to where it is supposed to be, but I don't see anything like what I see above :

It probably is just a different configuration, but the sitemap file is the same.

I read somewhere that Google did say there is a bug, in an article dated Dec 2010.

So I am not sure.  I was only wondering about this since it only started after upgrading to version 5 of USG ...

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 10:48:46 AM »
If you have moved sitemap to your second domain, you should disable "xml sitemap stylesheet" setting in generator options, since stylesheet file is located on the domain where generator is installed.

hanzo

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 12:02:16 PM »
Thanks, I can now see the sitemap in the brower in my main domain.

I just copied the whole generator directory into the main domain, and also changed the line inside the sitemap to point to the main domain's sitemap.xsl.