I recently updated the website where ALL pages are completely different. Google after a week has all the OLD pages still in their search index. How do I get their index updated only on the new site? (same domain)??

I fix this, I purchased and download the unlimited sitemap generator (never created a sitemap before), but after 4 hours the sitemap generator is the middle of indexing every page in my msgboard too. Do I really need to also have it index the forum. OMG it will take a day or more to index 100,000+ posts!!

I checked after after 4 days doing site:www.[website].[hidden] in google shows the main opening page (new) but ALL the other files in the search results are the OLD pages. I see nothing else.

Like I said, i'm never done a sitemap and really have no clue when to put content, and when not do.. Do you include the forums? how do you get google to index the forum without an individual sitemap of all the topics??

Much appreciated.
Re: How to get google to ERASED OLD content and only this new.. and also phpbb
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 09:18:38 AM »
Hello,

you can create a limited sitemap - with "Maximum depth" or "Maximume URLs" option limited so that it would gather about 20-30,000 URLs, which would be main pages representing "roadmap" sitemap for search engines.

The crawling time itself depends on the website page generation time mainly, since it crawls the site similar to search engine bots.
For instance, if it it takes 1 second to retrieve every page, then 1000 pages will be crawled in about 16 minutes.

Note, that is will take time to get your pages indexed in google, it depends not only on sitemap, but on many other aspects too, like number of backlinks from external sites.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 09:29:21 AM »
How could it take 6 hours then? And only 5 levels in?

Also, I cannot use the program, my host has now banned the site until I remove your program from the server because now it is completely overloading their semi-dedicated server the MOMENT it executes.

Now I cannot even ATTEMPT to sitemap my site because the MOMENT (and I mean the very second) I execute the software online /generator/ to create the sitemap. I get the following:

Links depth: 5
Current page: forums/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=5417&p=35933
Pages added to sitemap: 72831
Pages scanned: 72920 (4,000,966.3 KB)
Pages left: 97658 (+ 34479 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 6:24:49
Time left: 10:07:37
Memory usage: 118,613.9 Kb
Auto-restart monitoring: Sun Feb 13 2011 00:56:46 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time) (7 second(s) since last update)
Resuming the last session (last updated: 2011-02-13 04:21:02)
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 29097961 bytes) in /home/[hidden]/public_html/generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 27

HELP!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 09:47:26 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.