Questions before I purchase
« on: February 25, 2011, 03:37:02 PM »
Hi there,

Ok, so someone recommended this product & I need to ask some questions before I purchase:

1. While I'm technical for some things, I am an entrepreneur, not a coder by any means.

Do I need to hire someone to upload the software to my server?

2. To confirm, this will work on all 30 domains I have right? That's what the unlimited version is for?

3. I don't have to reinstall the sitemap every time I make any changes to the site or add any pages, right? It will let the SEs know?

4. Do I have to still upload the sitemap to the webmaster tools?

5. If I have the main site & then the domain/blog, do I have to upload 2 sitemaps, or the sitemap for the main domain knows to keep an eye on the blog WP end too?

6. When a new version comes out, does that mean I have to upload the script again?

I think that's all I need to know.

Thank you

Michelle
Re: Questions before I purchase
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 08:31:15 AM »
Hello,

1. the installation process is simple, described on https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/howto-install.html page. Also, there is an option to include $10 installation service with your order.

2. "unlimited" version means that there is no limit for the number of URLs in sitemap. It is however allowed to use it on more than one site as long as you are the owner of those sites, i.e. it can't be used for 3rd party sites or provided as a service: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/license.html

3. You need to regenerate sitemap (open Crawling page of sitemap generator and click "Run" button)

4. It is recommended to submit sitemap.xml in google webmaster account so that you can track it's status. This should be done one time only.

5. Sitemap can include all URLs from the same (sub) domain, i.e. it WILL include blog URLs if it's located in domain.com/blog/, but you'll need separate sitemap if it resides in blog.domain.com

6. Installing of new version is optional.
Re: Questions before I purchase
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 01:40:44 PM »
Ok, so all is fine it seems & yes I own all my own sites. Not sure why anyone would do SEO for a site they don't own unless they are hired to do that & even then they were given permission.

In regards to your answer here... "3. You need to regenerate sitemap (open Crawling page of sitemap generator and click "Run" button)"

What's a crawling page? Is it just a regular page that is created once you install your software & then every time you make a change or add a page, you clikc the "run" button that's on that page?

Do you have an example you can show me?

I'm just not understanding if it's code on the server, or it's an easy button on a page.

Thanks

Michelle