Not generating all url's in sitemap
« on: February 26, 2011, 02:12:57 PM »
I'm having trouble with the generator missing a lot of url's. I ran the generator a little over a month ago and I believe it was 2611 pages that it found at that time and even that was not all of the pages that it should have been. I'm guessing there are around 4,500 pages without unwanted parameters being listed. Today I tried to eliminate the parameters that I didn't want listed and that appeared to work but now it's only showing 260 pages. I ran it several times and it kept coming up with the same page count. It did list some of the url's on one of the parameters that I do want so it doesn't seem that I've blocked that parameter in anyway. I assume this is something I've set wrong in the configuration but I can't figure out what it is.

Another question I have is about the file size. While researching this I saw other threads on the forum saying they needed to get the file size down to 2MB. The file size for this 260 pages was 11.86MB so that has me wondering too. That made me think that maybe the max file size setting in the configuration was not allowing for more pages so as a test I bumped it up to 30MB and still only got 260 pages.

While I'm asking questions is there any kind of preset that is available to exclude url's in the SoftBiz SEO Classifieds software like there is for SMF forum?

Thanks
Re: Not generating all url's in sitemap
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 08:35:35 PM »
> It did list some of the url's on one of the parameters that I do want so it doesn't seem that I've blocked that parameter in anyway

What is the exclusion line you use and example URL that was still included?
Are you running the latest version of sitemap generator (5.0)?

> While I'm asking questions is there any kind of preset that is available to exclude url's in the SoftBiz SEO Classifieds software like there is for SMF forum?

No, we don't have a preset like this.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 09:05:02 PM »
Thanks for replying on a Sunday, Great Service! One thing to note is that it did scare me when my indexed pages in Webmaster tools went to only 62 indexed pages so i removed the excluded parameters that i had just added in the configuration and ran the crawl again. The sitemap is now showing 2,734 pages but a lot of those are the parameters I want to exclude.

Yes, I just upgraded last week.

One of the parameters that is very important is racing_news_item=    That is the parameter where I think most of the url's are missing. That table alone has 3,960 rows. Here's a sample url:  [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Here is one of the exclusion parameters that I need to eliminate from listing in the sitemap: super_dirt_late_model=   I have a fairly elaborate menu on the home page that is used to filter the results so there are quite a few different parameters.

Thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 08:48:23 AM »
Well, you need to add "super_dirt_late_model=" in Exclude URLs for that and make sure that you do not have "racing_news_item=" in "Exclude URLs.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 02:17:27 PM »
Yes, I know, I did that, but that's not the problem I'm working on now. I'm trying to figure out why it isn't listing all the url's for the pages in every row in my database.

I'll work on excluding the unwanted parameters later but first I need to figure out why it's not putting all of the url's in the sitemap. For instance, the last sitemap generated only lists 2,734 url's however I have 3,960 rows just in that one news table for the "racing_news_item=" parameter. There's another table with 729 rows/pages and a few more tables so overall I have close to 5,000 pages that I do want indexed. It's only listing 2,734 pages even with the unwanted parameters listed too. It's listing some of the url's for "racing_news_item=" but not all of them.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 09:24:46 PM »
Hello,

could you please PM me your generator URL and an example URL that is not included in sitemap and how it can be reached starting from homepage?
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 06:20:21 PM »
PM sent. thanks