Question about news sitemap
« on: March 12, 2011, 04:20:24 PM »
Hi,

My site has been approved for Google News. It's working ok even without news sitemap.
Today i decided to help google by doing news sitemap and bought the add-on.

The problem is:
Google gets my news from a specific section of my site. And I want only the real news to appear in the news sitemap. In the current version, all new pages will appear there, and some part of them will not be news. For example, my site is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]. Google gets the news from [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] /novini.php and all my news are of the type [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] /novina.php?id=XXX

How can I use the add on to do the correct job for me?

Best regards
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 04:31:18 PM by KOBRETI »
Re: Question about news sitemap
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 04:42:02 PM »
Hello,

please try to re-download sitemap generator - I've added a new setting in it: "News inclusion mask". You can specify "novini.php" for that setting.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 05:27:57 PM »
Wow! I am really impressed with your reaction! Thank you!

I just have a question - the news sitemap is filled only with newly discovered pages? Because currently it was generated empty...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 05:34:02 PM by KOBRETI »
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 05:32:13 PM »
Yes, only the pages discovered in past few days are included (normally I'd recommend to setup a daily scheduled task to regenerate sitemap so that news sitemap is always up-to-date)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 05:34:45 PM »
Thank you again. Yep, my sitemap has a cronjob, run daily :)

And another: the photo sitemap does not include linked images, but includes only the images, that are on the page...

For example on [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] i have an image [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] that was included ok, but this photo is a thumbnail for the bigger image [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], that is linked only from this page, and the big photo itself does not appear on any page and was not included in the sitemap... Can the linked pictures be included also?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 05:43:04 PM by KOBRETI »
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 08:45:57 PM »
According to images sitemap description, it includes the images that are located *on that page*, that's why generator doesn't list images *linked from* the page.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 09:40:22 PM »
OK, thank you very much! I'll make the necessary adjustments to the website :)
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 10:09:25 PM »
Hi, again, Oleg,

There is something wrong with the news inclusion mask - when I try to save the settings, the value of the textbox disappears and when I generate the sitemap, the entered value is not taken into account.

Greetings
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 01:50:48 PM »
Are other settings saved correctly? Did you reupload *all* files from new package?
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 04:15:28 PM »
Yes, all other settings were saved OK. And Yes, I reuploaded all files - 3 times :)
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 11:31:14 AM »
I did. Thank you again for the quick response!

Now it remembers the field! But it doesn't seem to take it into account when generating the news sitemap. I tried with novina.php - which is the page name, containing the news, and then i tried with novini.php - which is the page, containing links to the news in novina.php. It still includes all news pages...
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 02:58:37 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.