Adding Dynamic Content
« on: March 31, 2011, 06:52:51 AM »
hi i used the online demo and it crawled my dynamic content but when i purchased it and ran the script from my server it does not add the dynamic content?  The setup is like this :

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] - Product list

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] - sample product page

the sample product pages are not getting indexed... any one able to help?
thanks
jon
Re: Adding Dynamic Content
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 02:52:34 PM »
Hello,

you have incorrect canonical meta tag on that page. You should either disable canonicals setting in generator config or (better) correct meta tag on your site to resolve the issue.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:12:58 AM »
thanks, but how do i change the canonical meta tag on that page cause it is not showing up in my wordpress?
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 05:17:27 AM »
another issue i am having now is the crawl is creating duplicate content of my dynamic content. Basically i have a mortgage comparison calculator that is on many pages and it is crawling the calculator pages and adding in all the products as duplicates for as many pages i have the calculator on.  Any idea how to fix this?
thanks
Jon
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
example of the duplicates

it has to do with the pagination of the pages on the compare loans calculator.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 12:34:21 PM »
> thanks, but how do i change the canonical meta tag on that page cause it is not showing up in my wordpress?

You need to contact your website developer for that. Canonical meta tag is included in html source code of your pages.

Try to add this in Exclude URLs setting:
Code: [Select]
jo_p=
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 12:22:01 AM »
the problem with exluding jo_p= only a few are my dynamic content product pages come up.... any other ideas?
thanks
jon
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 03:59:50 AM »
thanks that seemed to have sorted it out.  Is there a way to generate the sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz at the same time cause the options under misc only allows one to be done?
thanks
jon
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 02:05:46 PM »
Hello,

there is no need to have both of them, that's why only one option can be enabled.