Sitemap Error in Google Webmaster Tools
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:21:39 PM »
Hello,

I am having some issues with the sitemap.xml I am creating using this tool. I am getting an error message in my google webmaster tools dashboard:

"We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit."

I spent most day yesterday finding information online as to why the error could be and no success. I re submitted the sitemap several times as well as testing my site for potential server or DNS issue. Nothing was found to be in error.

What makes me thing that this issue is related to your tool is that I have two different sections to my website with two different sitemaps, one for each directory. The sitemap created with your tool generates the error with Google. The sitemap created with another tool does not return an error with Google.

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]     
(sitemap error on this one using your generator tool)

(no sitemap error in this one using a wordpress plugin)

Could you please check my configuration to see if I am missing something critical. My site is a wordpress site, not sure if that would change anything in the config settings. Will email user name and password thru your contact form.

Thanks!
Re: Sitemap Error in Google Webmaster Tools
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 06:34:53 AM »
sorry, location of generator is skyvillagerealty.com/generator

i sent login and pass in pvt message..

please help!
Re: Sitemap Error in Google Webmaster Tools
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »
Hi Oleg,

No worries, I change some setting in the configuration and google finally accepted the sitemap last night. It was in relation to the style sheet I think since I ran the generator using the stylesheet option and it did the trick.

thanks anyways!

GV