running daily, despite being set to monthly or weekly?
« on: April 14, 2011, 07:29:45 PM »
Hi Oleg

I got a relatively new install of v5 at [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] that send me daily Run reports, despite being set to weekjly or monthly.

Is this happening to others?

Thankl

Al
Re: running daily, despite being set to monthly or weekly?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 11:13:04 AM »
Hello,

the "Frequency" setting in generator config is not related to how often sitemap is created, you configure that when setting up a scheduled task on your server.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 05:42:02 PM »
Its never done it daily before Oleg? Ive dont even know what a sch task is on the server? Ive never usd it, what ever it is? What is Frequency" thing for, if its not for creating sitemaps and emaling the notice? Im pretty sure Im mis-understanding you.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 05:53:05 PM »
OK I just re-read the description of the frequncy deal, and I understand, but still, this is the 1st install of many over the years, where Im geting daily emails. That has never happened
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 07:56:28 PM »
If you get daily email at the same time, you likely have a scheduled task (cron job) setup for sitemap generator in your hosting control panel (sitemap generator cannot run on it's own without someone calling it).
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 08:55:13 PM »
I dont know how to do Cron, so that impossible?
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 08:17:55 AM »
Ive dont know how to do them - why would one be there?
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 03:51:20 PM »
I cannot know that. You can remove generator and install it in a different folder (like "generator2")
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 04:38:09 PM »
Are you saying that somehow a cron job can be made to function all by itlself? Without my input? Its on Godaddy hosting - very restrictive hosting as you may know. I dont even know where to LOOK for cron jobs in Godaddy for that matter.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:39:44 PM by Al Guevara »
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 11:14:15 PM »
Right  - and I dont know how to do it, so thats why I asking you why you want me to go look for cron jobs. Ive never created one. Dont know how. Dont think Dodady allows them anyhow...