I have been using site maps for a very log time and all was well until i upgraded to the new version.

I can easily create the site maps and apon the first generation of the map - google picks it up and accepts it and all is fine.

However when google comes along and re downloads the sitemap at a later time - it will show an error - usually the very next day. Its so strange.

Now in these cases i have to go back - edit out the sitemap.xml code to blank. After doing this i do a crawl again and it submits to google and accepts it again.

Again the next day when google redownloads the sitemap it finds an error.

Anything can be done - I am about to explode in frustration and losing my mind.
Re: Google shows error when downloading sitemap after initial success.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 03:24:20 PM »
Hi, got the same problem...i'm fed up with this!

Here my url for my sitemap [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

In webmaster tools, there is a red cross on all sitemap.

(I can open it very fine, the files are online...)

Don't understand

Thanks to help
Bye
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 03:32:31 PM »
HI there,

Sure thing. The sitemap url is:

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Like i said if Istart from scratch it works, but then when google does a recrawl the  process starts over again.

Regards

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 02:15:06 AM »
Again it has happened.

Google crawled it today and I get the big red x. it has found an errror.

Please can i get some help here?
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 09:28:47 AM »
is there anyone who can help? Or are people who buy this left to fend for themselves?
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 09:42:11 AM »
Today, my sitemap is always in error : "red cross"...
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 09:46:45 AM »
I know - its crazy. I have other sites that work fine.

This one on this one site - works some days and other days not. I cant keep submitted it every hour.

I am starting to think there are bugs in his system and it may be wise to go back to older version i dont think its set proper.

Plus its hard to get support here. And while its a pretty inexpensive item we still paid for it and you would think support would be around a little more.
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 11:11:37 AM »
Hello,

looks like your sitemap is rewritten by some other script. Try to change "Save sitemap to" to something like "/yourpath/.../sitemapnew.xml", then create empty sitemapnew.xml, set 0666 permissions to it and regenerate sitemap.

fletaillandier - you should click on your sitemap entry in webmaster tool to see detailed error message. Please create a new topic for that since it doesn't be the same issue as the topic starter.
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 11:19:37 AM »
Thanks for the answer? Another script? What script? I do not understand sorry. I have no other script creating site maps for me. Only this one.

Anyways could you be more specific in your example on where to place the sitemap.

I was told it must always be in the root. So should i call the sitemap something like

sitemapnew.xml but keep it in the root? Or put it in a file foder another section of site?

I just do not undertand why this does not work. I do not use any other scripts please explain fully
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 11:54:36 AM »
you can go back and look at it now. I see what happened.

I waited so long for answers here i asked my hosting company to check on my account. They added their own sitemap and it created a new sitemap and added on existing one. I only did this since i needed desperate help.

I have fixed it now so only your software(unfucntional) is implementing the sitemap.

I have submitted it to google again like always and it will show the BIG X.

I would also like to say its also happening on another site of mine.. so i know its a flaw in this sitemap or google.

Anyways please check the path now - maybe you can find an error in your sitemap.

regards
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 12:31:22 PM »
by the way as a backup. I did the think you suggested with another site. Created a new sitemap.

STILL DOES NOT WORK _ BIG X all the way.

This sitemap is not working.
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »
the site url

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] also just came back with the big X. There is no other script doing the sitemap and you can see everything is set right.

please help with this.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 02:11:05 PM »
I have tested for the last 20 hours. I just installed a regular txt format sitemap and it was successfully downloaded from google with all the urls of the site mentioned. There is no issue with google and there is no issue with host and scripts.

The problem is with this software.

PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 07:54:58 PM »
Hello,

please try what I have suggested above
Try to change "Save sitemap to" to something like "/yourpath/.../sitemapnew.xml", then create empty sitemapnew.xml, set 0666 permissions to it and regenerate sitemap.
(and submit sitemapnew.xml to Google, NOT sitemap.xml)