Out-Going Links
« on: April 19, 2011, 03:57:25 AM »
To what extent should the site map generator pick up and show the out-going links on my main, PHP/MySQL generated, links page (see: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]?

When I look at the look at the "Ext Links" tab after generating a site map, it clearly shows that some of the links from my links pages have been picked up and are shown, but others are not picked up at all.

Moreover, in the site map itself, it appears that only the title page of the various links category sections are being shown; for example, [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] will be shown as a title page for a links section in the site map, but the individual links are not shown at all.  Meanwhile, in the "Ext Links" tab, some of the Leadership links are shown but not others.

What is going on here?  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
- Danny

Re: Out-Going Links
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:17:31 AM »
Hello,

the outgoing links on that page are linked through "jump.php" file on your server, that's why they are not considered as external links by generator.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 09:17:02 AM »
the outgoing links on that page are linked through "jump.php" file on your server, that's why they are not considered as external links by generator.

OK, but why would some be picked up an not others? 

For example, the "[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]" link on the "[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]" page is shown in my External Links listing, yet the links from the "[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]" page are not shown.  However, all the links are generated by the same script.

I'm not clear on why the "jump.php" files are omitted, although I accept that, but I really do not understand why some would be included while others are not.

I do not mean to argue the point, mostly I am just confused! <G>

Thanks,

-Danny.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:34:57 AM by Danny Weiss »
- Danny

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 09:35:34 PM »
Hello,

on certifiedpublicmanagersocieties.php page you have direct links to external domains (Web Site Address: [direct link here])
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 09:49:40 PM »
Oleg-

I figured out that I might be asking the wrong question:  Should I really care what is listed under the "Ext Links" tab? 

That is, does "Ext Links" actually tell me anything about what is shown in my Sitemap?

Thanks again,

-Danny.
- Danny

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 08:12:20 AM »
No, it's not related to sitemap - just a list of links that generator is able to extract, for your reference.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 04:24:27 AM »
No, it's not related to sitemap ......

Oleg -

Thanks for your explanation, and your patience with my ignorance!

-Danny.
- Danny