Setting priority for home page
« on: October 21, 2006, 12:49:54 PM »
Okay, this is one of two issues I need to get working before I can start setting up a cron job and automatically pinging Google, knowing that my sitemap doesn't need manual editing by me afterwards.

Issue 1:  Setting priority for home page

My default priority for my site is 0.5, and I have set "Individual Attributes" for several pages on my site to change their priorities.  However, I cannot seem to set attributes for my home page in this field.  If I list my home page -- [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] -- as a Priority of 1.0, then it also changes the priority of every page in my site -- I suppose because they are all sub-pages of [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] .  If I instead try to list it as [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] or index.php, the generator doesn't recognize it as the home page so doesn't apply the 1.0 priority.

Is there a way that I can force an individual attribute on the home page without it spilling to every other page on the site?

(btw, my hope page is dynamically generated not a static page.)

And thanks for the excellent sitemap script!
Re: Setting priority for home page
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 01:10:29 PM »
Stupid me, I just saw the "priority setting: root vs index.htm" thread started by joshbeaulieu and the solution.  I will try that.  Thanks.