How do I set numeric 666 on godaddy
« on: April 23, 2011, 04:36:54 PM »
I have installed the generator on my site and am able to set the sitemap.xml and ror.xml to read/write but there is no option to set the numeric value to 666.  I am running the site on Linux with PHP installed.  So, when I use the generator to do a crawl I end up getting this message;
Error writing to these files:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Please correct files permissions and resume sitemap creation.

I imagine this is due to me not being able to set the numeric values on godaddy. 

Please help if you can.
Re: How do I set numeric 666 on godaddy
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 06:33:51 AM »
Hello,

what do you see in permissions setting dialog innstead of numeric values?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 04:21:33 PM »
Here's what I see in a popup:

[checkbox]  Web Visible  Allows users to browse files and directories using the Web.
  [checkbox]  Executable   Allows users to execute files as scripts.

Web user permissions 
 [checkbox]Read         [checkbox]Write    [checkbox]Execute(File)

Owner permissions
 [checkbox]Read         [checkbox]Write    [checkbox]Execute(File)

If I check ALL the checkboxes for both the ror.xml and sitemap.xml I get this error message when running the crawl in the generator:

An error occured
Error writing to these files:
Please correct files permissions and resume sitemap creation.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 09:03:24 PM »
Hello,

you should specify the filename (with path) in "Save sitemap to" setting. Looks like currently you have entered the URL in that option.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 05:50:25 PM »
Progress... I changed the 'save sitemap to' setting to the Absolute Hosting Path as listed on the GoDaddy control panel like this /home/content/.../html/sitemap.xml  which fixed all but one error with the html file.  So i did the same to the 'HTML Sitemap filename' changing it to /home/content/.../html/sitemap.html  That got rid of all errors and it runs and creates the sitemap and all other files. 

Now I see only 33 urls are listed in my sitemap while I have a few hundred that should be included. 

I see that only the links on my index.html page are included.  I have HUNDREDS of landing pages and they do not have links from my home page or from any other pages. 

HOW can I make the generator scan all files and folders?  Not just the links on my home page?